MIGHTY MAGIC is a worldwide superstar and also very popular in Europe, notably with the Germans and the English, as well as in America. MIGHTY MAGIC is an excellent opportunity for French breeders, particularly for breeding excellent event horses. He is currently the sole stallion standing in France with such great bloodlines and performances: German Vice-Champion at the age of 5; Vice-World Champion at the age of 6 and World Champion at the age of 7!
He also boasts exceptional genetics: ¾ Thoroughbred (MYTENS x HERALDIK) and ¼ Holstein; most suited to spirited mares due to his excellent temperament. As proof of his good nature, MIGHTY MAGIC, ridden by Eugénie Burban, won the Team Bronze at the European Dressage Championships in Oliva, Spain, and were 4th in the FEI Youth Ranking in 2016.
He is ideal for well-built mares needing an influx of energy!
He passes on height, reach and great expression. His bloodlines also offer balance and energy in all 3 paces.
During the Holstein stallion-approval tests, his performance caused a true sensation, notably due to his round balanced supple trot and to his significant propulsion at a canter, qualities appreciated not only for dressage, but also for show-jumping.
He has been used by many worldwide breeders of event horses, since his offspring has performed at top level (CCI3*). His pedigree enables him to be also crossed for Dressage, Show-Jumping (1m40) and Hunter classes. He is homozygous for the bay colour gene and has not been known to throw chestnuts. He has an excellent fertility rate, whether for fresh, refrigerated-transported or frozen semen.
Osteo-articular status: Excellent.
MIGHTY MAGIC is approved to sire in many Studbooks, including the French Saddle Horse [Selle Français - SF].
MIGHTY MAGIC is a cocktail of exceptional Thoroughbred bloodlines confirmed by the offspring.
He is sired by MYTENS XX, one of the most popular Thoroughbred stallions used in the Holstein breed, combining Thoroughbred blood with the qualities of the Holstein. He was known for his rapid movement and remarkable jumping ability.
MYTENS XX produced many excellent CSI, CCI and Dressage winners, notably the stallions:
- HAMAR in CSI,
- HARRISON HIMSELF in CSI,
- HARRISON HIMSELF
- IRCO B,
- JUST SPECTACULAR,
- MAGIC DREAM,
- MY JEMEN,
- WATERMILL FOURTH,
- WATERMILL ROLEX,
- WATERMILL SWATCH, etc.,
as well as the performers:
- HELIBANTOS in CSI,
- HOPSCOTCH in CSI ridden by Jur Vrieling
- HOBSCOTCH CSI,
- HELIBANTOS in CSI,
- IVANHOE, dam of the stallion, JETSTREAM W,
- HYTENS in CSI,
- IMARA, dam of TOLANDO, 3rd in the 6 y-o Championships in Germany,
- JOINT VENTURE in CSIO & CSI-W competing for Japan,
- MYTHY’S BID in CSI,
- PETER, etc.
- HAMMILTON, etc., and
- MAGIC MOMENTS, winner in CCI 2*, etc.
HERALDIK XX, 6th best WBFSH stallion worldwide in terms of winners in CCE in 2017 and winner in CSO at S level, has been the leading eventing stallion worldwide for several years and still at the top in 2013 (Sire Ranking WBFSH CCE 2013). He is the most sought-after and the most popular stallion in Germany. Among his offspring, we note 2 eventing super stars:
- EURORIDINGS BUTTS LEON (dam by STAR REGENT XX) ridden by Andreas Dibowski;
- FRH BUTTS ABRAXXAS (dam by KRONENKRANICH XX) ridden by Ingrid Klimke.
He is also the sire of HALUNKE FBW, Individual & Team Gold Medallist at the 2013 European Championships ridden by Michael Jung, 3rd world best eventer; RF TOBASCO 70, ranked world 16th in CCE 2013 ridden by Ingrid Klimke; TSF KARASCADA M, ranked world 18th in CCE ridden by Kai-Steffen Meier; FRH BUTTS ABRAXXAS; FRH BUTTS AVEDON, Team Gold at the European Championships ridden by Andréas Dibowski; HAPPY TIMES; FRH BUTTS LEON, etc., all top-level CCI winners.
In show-jumping he is the sire of good international performers: HERBERT; HERZBLATT; HIGH SPRIT, Junior European Champion ridden by Johan Sebastian Gulliksen; HITCHCOCK, finalist at the 5 y-o World Championships; HOYO DE MONTEREY, 2011 European Championship ridden by Sten Endreisen; NOANCE, HARALDICUS; HERALDO, etc.
In dressage, he is the sire of EKWADOR, ranked World 42nd in 2013 competing for Poland; HIDALGO in CDI ridden by Gema Martin Alcaide, amongst others.
HERALDIK XX himself is a show-jumping winner at S level and was 2nd best WBFSH stallion with winning offspring in CCE in 2014. 11 of his sons are approved stallions in turn:
- HERALD III (dam by LORENZ) ridden by Marcus Beerbaum in CSI.
- KEMPINSKI, etc., as well as
- FRH BUTTS LEON ridden by Andreas Dibowski, 2nd at the 2010 CCI4* Badminton Horse Trials,
- FRH BUTTS ABRAXXAS, London Olympics in 2012 ridden by Ingrid Klimke,
- HALUNKE FBW, Individual and Team Gold Medallist at the 2013 European Championships ridden by Michael Jung,
FRH BUTTS AVEDON, Team Gold Medallist at the European Championships ridden by Andreas Dibowski, etc.,
in addition to CSI performers:
- HIGH SPRIT, Junior European Championship ridden by Johan Sebastien Gulliksen,
- HITCHCOCK, 5 y-o World Championship finalist,
- HOYO DE MONTEREY, 2011 European Championship ridden by Sten Endreisen,
- HERALDOT, etc.,
and in International Dressage competitors:
- EKWADOR, CDIO & CDI-W,
He is the sire of several premium broodmares, including:
- MISS DANNY,
- NANINA, “Staate Premium Mare”,
- OHIO I, “Verband Premium Mare”,
- PRINCESS VII
MIGHTY MAGIC’s dam,
NEIKA, is labelled "Staat Premium Sture". MIGHTY MAGIC is her second progeny. She has 6 registered offspring, including:
VALESKA III, “Staatpremium” broodmare in Germany
MIGHTY MAGIC’s grandam,
FIONA VIII, is the dam of many good show-jumping winners:
- LAVALL I, winner with the Danish team
- LADYKILLER XX,
- SACRAMENTO SONG,
- COTTAGE SON.
FIONA VIII had 2 other offspring:
- CONRANDIN 3, excellent performer in CSI (1m60), competing internationally since 2005 ridden by Janne Frederike Meyer,
- ALESSA, Winner in CSO 1m30, etc.
MIGHTY MAGIC’s great grandam,
ULJANA, is the uterine sister of the stallion, CONEJO, CSI competitor, exported to the US. This is the no. 1947 dam line out of which were generated 30 Approved Stallions among the best elements of the Holstein and European Studbooks:
- ALIBI DE LAUBRY (Dutch),
- CLINTORD I & II,
- CONSENS (private Holstein stallion),
- CONTINI (Hanoverian),
- EXKURS (Holstein),
- QUICK DANCER I & II,
- CAMBRIDGE (private Holstein stallion),
- LEHNSHERR GL (Rheinland),
- LEON (Holstein).
ULJANA is also the dam of:
- KORVARA I, dam of LAS CARTHO, show-jumping winner at 1m20.
MIGHTY MAGIC’s great great grandam,
PEIDRA is also the dam of:
- DORETTE I, dam of:
- KING'S DAUGHTER, show-jumping winner at 1m20
- OCTAVIA IV, dam of the stallions, CONCEPT, CONGO C, CORRINGTON
- MEFA'S COGNAC, show-jumping winner at 1m40
- CONEJO, stallion approved in the US, winner in CSIO & CSI-W ridden by Karen Cudmore, 2002 WEG in Jerez, 2003 World Cup finalist.
This is none other than the “Holstein 1947” dam line that generated good show-jumping winners: CABANZA, World Cup winner ridden by Molly Ashe; LEXINGTON 3 ridden by Otto Becker, CASALITA; LACALETTA; CASPAR 203; JERMAINE; BAVARIA CARTOUCHE; COOL DOWN; CHARLY; and several other stallions, such as: ALIBRI DE LAUBRY, ANGRIFF, CAMBRIDGE, CONTINI, EXKURS, etc.
|MYTENS, PS||SPECTACULAR BID, PS||BOLD BIDDER, PS|
|PHOTOGRAPHIC, PS||HOIST THE FLAG, PS|
|TALKING PICTURE, PS|
|NEIKA I, HOLST||HERALDIK, PS||CARAMEL, PS|
|FIONA VIII, HOLST||LAVALL I, HOLST|
In 2006, MIGHTY MAGIC successfully completed the 30-day Holstein Stallion Approval tests with a brilliant final score of 8.42 (8.10 in Dressage and 8.38 for jumping). His temperament, jumping qualities and ease under the saddle were marked well above the average approval scores.
In 2007, at the time of the 70-day tests, MIGHTY MAGIC confirmed his overall exceptional aptitude.
In 2008, He started training for eventing with Andreas Dibowski. He won several Young Horses’ events in all 3 disciplines. The couple ended the season as German 5 y-o Vice-Champion in eventing.
In 2009, MIGHTY MAGIC confirmed his talent as a 6-year-old, becoming Vice World Eventing Champion at Lion d'Angers.
In 2010, he became World Young Horses Eventing Champion ridden by Andreas Dibowski, with a 3rd place at the CIC2* in Langenhagen and a 4th at the CIC2* in Sahrendorf.
In 2011, he was 3rd at the CIC2* in Holzerode, then had to stop international competition due to an accident whilst out training.
In 2016, he went back into competition, ridden by Eugénie Burban:
On 19/03/2016, he won the National Children’s test at the “Pôle Européen du Cheval” in Le Mans and finished 2nd in the Imposed Youth test with a score of 67.22%.
On 29/04/2016, he won the Individual Children’s test at the CDI*** event in Saumur with a score of 70.950% and finished 4th in the Team event with a score of 68.500%.
On 26/06/2016, he was Vice Amateur Youth Champion and finished 3rd in the B1 test during the 2016 Normandy Championships.
On 24/07/2016, he is Team Gold Medallist at the Children’s European Championships in Oliva Nova, Spain, and terminated 3rd with over 70% in the preliminary test and 8th in the Team event (CDI****).
On 23/10/2016, he won the preliminary and individual tests in the CDI*** in Le Mans and finished 2nd in the Team event.
On 30/10/2016, the couple become the 2016 French Children’s Champions.
On 13/11/2016, he won 2 Children’s tests at the Grand National show in St Lo, with averages exceeding 70%.
On 31/10/2016, the couple were 4th in the FEI World Youth Ranking.
Among his offspring indexed in France, many are good winners in eventing and dressage:
- MAGIC LADY, IDR 133(17)
- MAGIC EYES, ICC 121(17)
- MOJITO VAN'T LOZERHOF, ICC 113(17)
- BOLERO DE LAVEAU, ICC 117(15), labelled “Very Good” at the age of 4
- BRISE COEUR TARDONNE, ICC 112(15)
- CESTUYLA D’AUZAY LA, finalist in eventing at the ages of 4 & 6; 9th among his generation at the age of 6, ISO 137(17)
His first offspring reach the age of 11 in 2018, with several already labelled during the breed shows in Germany, the United Kingdom and France.
Several of his sons have also been approved as stallions:
- MR MAGIC, stallion approved in the Oldenbourg Studbook,
- MENDOCINO, and
- MAGIC GRAF,
- MAIKY MAGIC, stallion approved in Belgium with the Belgian Sport Horse Registry (SBS) in 2014,
- MAGIC AFFAIR 5, Winner in CIC2* ridden by Nicola Aldinger,
- NAMIBIA 15, CIC1*, ridden by Christophe Gätner,
- MIRACLE, ISO 103 (13), son of MIGHTY MAGIC x SIR SHOSTAKOVICH XX, approved at the age of 2 as Hanoverian stallion in Verden (Germany) in 2014, and was bought by the leading International eventing rider, Michael JUNG.
2 of his offspring were awarded “Very Good” labels during the 2015 Eventing Classic Tour Championships in Pompadour:
- BRISE COEUR TARDONNE, entire SF out of MIGHTY MAGIC x ELEGANT DE BARACHY; and
- BOLERO DE LAVEAU, SF gelding out of MIGHTY MAGIC x ESTEREL DES BOIS
MIC MAC by MIGHTY MAGIC makes the Top Price at €50,000 during the "2016 TOP EVENT HORSE AUCTION" in Bavendorf, Germany.
Breeding rates 2018:
Fresh AI (fresh semen on site) or Refrigerated AI (refrigerated transported semen within 24 hrs) or Frozen AI (straws of frozen semen):
€400 incl. VAT at reservation + €800 incl. VAT payable 1st October with “live foal” guarantee, on the assumption of your mare being pregnant.